CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 20, 2015

Pittsburgh Dance Council to explore 'reinvention' in coming season

TribLIVE: Each season of Pittsburgh Dance Council is put together the way some people and chefs plan dinners — first by seeing what's new and fresh and then figuring out how they can go together.

“When I put a season together, I don't only select from what I've seen in the past year. Sometimes, I wait five or 10 years to see an artist develop,” says Paul Organisak, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust's vice president of programming and the Dance Council's executive director.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is dance trying to finial create a new modern dance movement that would be passed down from different generations? Are we finally creating to material to work off of? I believe that if this isn't the case, then we always have the chance to create a technical and interactive piece the deals with movement from the human body and elements that surround it. Especially with all of the projection mapping that is happening, there is no doubt that soon there will be new techniques for people to use in the future. And even though it's being used now, it's still in experimentation phase. I'm hoping to get the opportunity to work on something like this in the future so I have a create a kind of experimental theatre that combines with the technology of today and the future. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do, but the thoughts are definitely racing through my head all the time. I hope to see great things in the future.