CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 27, 2015

Patricia Sheridan's Breakfast With ... Domhnall Gleeson

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Award-winning Irish actor of stage and screen Domhnall (pronounced Donal) Gleeson has followed in his famous father’s footsteps. Born in Dublin, he is the son of Brendan Gleeson but has begun to forge his own identity. He had roles in “About Time” (2013), “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” (2011) and “Unbroken” (2014). The 31-year-old stars alongside Oscar Isaac and Alicia Vikander in the sci-fi dramatic thriller “Ex Machina,” directed by Alex Garland in theaters now. He has also been cast in “Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens,” coming out later this year.

1 comment:

Nikki Baltzer said...

After just seeing Ex Machina, I firmly would like to state I think is the best drama of the year and I strongly applaud Domhnall Gleeson for his role as Caleb. I found the movie to be such an interesting statement on humanity, where technology is progressing, and an attack on the power our cellphones, social media and Google has over us today. What I think helped this movie is the fact that I didn’t really know any of the actors in the movie and Domhnall at first glance gives off the awkward nerd that this movie needed. After reading his interview I can see why he was picked for the role. Everything about who he is as a person speaks to his character in the movie. I believe the fact that he matched his character so well helped make the movie feel far more authentic and more like that this is a huge possibility for the future. I am very excited to see his acting career begin to take off and am looking forward to seeing him in the new star wars.