CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 14, 2015

MagBench Portable Work Bench Review

Pro Tool Reviews: When you need to carry a variety of tools for a job, most of us turn to our favorite tool belts. It’s easier than lugging a tool box around. It’s a major improvement over constantly bending over to pick up a tool or climb down a ladder. Still, if I can get away with it, I’d rather not wear a tool belt and still keep my tools at arms reach. Many of us will agree that our favorite work spaces are around a work bench. Unfortunately, we can’t take those with us.

1 comment:

Kimberly McSweeney said...

Having never been on a large quantity of job sites, I can’t say how reliable having a magnetic tool bench would be, but I do really like the idea of having a tool-belt alternative that is portable and holds the necessary items without having to have to strap them to my waist and carry them around. Other than the magnetic problem, the company clearly put a lot of thought into this product - even accounting for laptop sizes and other things that may be useful on job sites but aren’t normally catered to. To be honest, the plastic frame and shelving surprised me because I thought this thing was going to be entirely metal and indestructible to anything, but I guess marine-grade plastic is a pretty good alternative anyway. Again, I don’t see myself needing this anytime soon, but maybe they could be of use around the shop by adding them to the sides and having them be able to hold tools to save table space when making flats and platforms.