CMU School of Drama


Friday, April 03, 2015

HAMILTON Leads Lortel Award Nominations with a Record Breaking 12

www.broadwayworld.com: The Off-Broadway League today announced nominations in 18 categories for the 30th Annual Lucille Lortel Awards for Outstanding Achievement Off-Broadway. The Lortel Awards will be handed out on Sunday, May 10, 2015 at NYU Skirball Center beginning at 7:00 PM EST, and hosted by Emmy-nominated actors Anna Chlumsky ("Veep," Broadway's Living on Love) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson ("Modern Family," this summer's The Tempest). This year's event will once again benefit The Actors Fund.

1 comment:

Bronwyn Donohue said...

A few years ago, I spent a summer at Vassar where I worked with New York Stage and Film as they developed new plays and musicals. One such play was Hamilton. Though I was not working on this production personally, I had a lot of friends who did and the hype around it was phenomenal. All performances for the reading were sold out, of course then, it was called Hamilton Mixed tape. Ironically enough, it happened to be rehearsing (or performing?) when I was auditioning at NYU last year.

I am so very happy for the success of this production. I am a huge Lin-Manuel Miranda fan and I wish it the best of luck this Lortel Season.


54-102 :: A