CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 07, 2015

CMU’s School of Drama Presents ‘Three Sisters’ by Anton Chekhov

Carnegie Mellon News - Carnegie Mellon University: Spring has arrived in Pittsburgh, which means the School of Drama’s 2014-2015 season is coming to a close at Carnegie Mellon University.

The final production of the year in the Philip Chosky Theater will be Anton Chekhov’s classic “Three Sisters,” translated by Paul Schmidt and directed by esteemed guest Pamela Berlin. The play opens April 9 and runs through April 25.

2 comments:

Christian Strange said...

I cannot wait for this production of "Three Sisters". It is a show that I am not that familiar with but I am extremely familiar with Chekhov and his works. I am excited to see how this director puts her own spin to it. As a freshman, this will be the first time I will see a show directed by an outside guest so this will be interesting for me as well. I have taken a glimps of the set in the Chosky Theatre and it is absolutly beautful. It is a grand house with beautful colors and large geometrical structures. I cannot wait to see the actors play on it and for this set to come alive. This will be a wonderful show to round out the 2014-2015 School of Drama season.

Unknown said...

I'm with Christian! I am also very excited to see this show. I have heard great thing about it and I'm so proud of the Seniors for putting on one of Chekhov's pieces. The Chosky looks outstanding and from the images I've seen for the show are really exciting.
54-102 <54102> <54-102>