CMU School of Drama


Friday, March 06, 2015

Madonna: Working Out Saved Me From Injuries After Fall

Pollstar: Exercising regularly has been like a prayer answered for Madonna: The singer says thanks to staying active, she didn’t suffer much after falling during her performance at the Brit Awards.

“If I wasn’t in good shape – tuck and roll,” the singer, laughing, said during an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday night. “I attribute a lot of the fact that I came out all right because I’m in good shape.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like Madonna, I am starting to realize the positive affects working out can have on one’s quality of life. I am the type who locks herself up in a rehearsal studio for hours on end, rarely getting much fresh air at all. After a while, this started to take a toll on my overall happiness. I felt lethargic all the time; I moved through my day with an overhanging sense of exhaustion. But, when spring began to show itself, the sun made an appearance after months of hiatus, I was touched with a sense of rejuvenation that surprised me. My energy started coming back, my motivation to change the sluggishness sky rocketed. I decided to work out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, running three miles and then doing an abdominal work out. It's shocking how much happier this routine has made me. The act of moving that fast for that long is exhilarating, and I feel extremely accomplished afterwards. Not to mention, now, whenever I do something physical in a drama class, I can put that much more energy into it.
54101A, Andrew Smith Acting I, Kate Rosenberg