CMU School of Drama


Thursday, March 26, 2015

'Beauty and the Beast' back in Pittsburgh for 4th run

TribLIVE: “Disney's Beauty and the Beast” will make its fourth Pittsburgh appearance March 31 through April 5 as a non-subscriber presentation of the PNC Broadway Across America — Pittsburgh series.

The story, as Mrs. Potts' song suggests, is a “tale as old as time.” With the help of an adventurous young woman, a selfish young prince who has been transformed into a hideous beast reverses the curse placed upon him and his servants by learning how to trust and love others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of the most memorable shows in my high school was when we did beauty and the beast. It was a huge show to put together in a moths time, but it was a lot of fun. I've never seen the original production of beauty and the beast, but I have seen the movie and the short Disney version at hollywood studios. However, I did watch a lot of it only and it was pretty enjoyable. I hope at some point I may be able to see this musical. If not in Pittsburgh, hopefully somewhere else. It looks so fun and exciting and it really brings out the Disney child in me. Even though Disney is buying other people's ideas, I still love what I saw as a child. I'm also curious to know about the technical aspects of this show. Because of the new equipment theatre companies are getting, I'm wondering if they enhanced any of their equipment or set pieces for this show.