CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 27, 2015

Exhibit and shows are bringing Elvis back to the former Hilton

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Proclaiming “Elvis is as much a part of this building as these walls are,” Westgate Resorts chief executive David Siegel on Thursday launched a partnership with the keepers of Graceland to bring an Elvis Presley exhibit and themed shows to Westgate Las Vegas.

The first permanent exhibit outside of Presley’s Memphis homestead will occupy 28,000 square feet of exhibit space in the convention area of the former Las Vegas Hilton, where Presley performed from 1969 through 1976.

1 comment:

Tom Kelly said...

I'm a huge Elvis fan and have been since I first heard his music in second grade. What caught my eye was the fact that it was Elvis but also that it was a large exhibit and partly a pavilion. Since I had never heard of this I looked at some images online of what it looks like and really like the feel of it. Graceland often feels like you are going through an antique, a frozen place in time and what it was like to be there in the 70s. This exhibit really feels grand and has that unique Vegas feeling which I think is successful. I wish I could see a map of the venue because I think they could have created the facade of the building to display the cutout on. This could then lead into another part of the exhibit. I only hope that it doesn't turn into another Elvis money making scheme like all of the stuff across the street from Graceland. I think Elvis would be appalled today if he knew how much money people are making just because of his name and how much of a money source it has become.