CMU School of Drama


Saturday, January 31, 2015

Google's 3D-Scanning Project Tango Just Got a Little More Real

gizmodo.com: Google ATAP (that's Advanced Technology and Projects) is where wonderful things are born. Things like the animated magic of Glen Keane's Duet or the modular Project Ara smartphone. It's all great stuff, but it's also all experimental—if a project doesn't make enough progress in two years, it's dead. But Google's Project Tango is alive and well: it just graduated from ATAP.

1 comment:

Kennedy McMann said...

Discovering what's coming up in technology has always been fascinating to me. Each time some new variety develops, I'm shocked on how anyone could have possibly come up with it. Seeing that Google's Tengo is changing the face of arguably the most prominent technology in our lives, the smartphone, is exciting and fascinating. I often find myself incapable of imagining what could ever come next, but seeing the developments in day-to-day technology impresses me greatly. Then, I look around at all of my peers and all of their brilliant creativity, and am wowed by who I'm surrounded with. I can't wait to see my fellow students heading a revolutionary project like this one some day.