CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Hello Kitty is coming, and it’s going to be ‘Supercute’

Las Vegas Review-Journal: Dear America. All your females belong to Hello Kitty.

Well, that’s not news. Everybody knows that. But this is news:

“Hello Kitty’s Supercute Friendship Festival” is launching in 2015, and it’s coming to the Orleans hotel Aug. 14-16.

Tickets range wildly from $19 to $189 for children and adults to take part in a completely fabricated world of non-human adorability.

1 comment:

K G said...

This seems so weird to me. Is Hello Kitty really still that big of a thing? I know it's popular among young children and products, but I didn't know there was still a large enough following to be able to have a convention like this. I would be interested to see who attends this convention. I wonder how many events or booths they can come up with just centered around Hello Kitty. I personally do not think this is going to be "Supercute." It seems like it would be annoying. Also, the article says that all females belong to Hello Kitty. I don't think that's true. I know plenty of females, including myself, who do not like Hello Kitty or the idea of a convention based on it.