CMU School of Drama


Saturday, October 18, 2014

Archiving the Past, Present, and Future of Teatro

HowlRound: This summer, I was awarded a research fellowship from the Center for Mexican-American Studies-Benson Latin American Collection at the University of Texas, Austin. While researching my project, “Bridging Women in Mexican-American Theater from Villalongín to Tafolla (1848-2014),” I was fortunate to learn more about the history of Latina/o theater through having an opportunity to examine original documents, including correspondence, playbills, playscripts, play drafts, notes, and pictures, among many other sources like broadsides, posters, and ticket stubs. My research has inspired me to find new ways to coalesce, communicate, and advocate for the future of Latina/o theater through examining the past.

No comments: