CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 01, 2014

The Pajama Men at City Theatre

The Pittsburgh Tatler: Squirreled away in a desk drawer, I have a three-dimensional puzzle made up of about twenty notched wooden pieces that, when properly fitted together, make up a perfect sphere. I haven’t solved this puzzle in years, but my memory is that there is a magical moment in the process when enough pieces are in the right place that the way forward suddenly starts to make perfect sense: the puzzle’s logic, so to speak, reveals itself.

1 comment:

Myha'la Herrold said...

This puzzle is a beautiful metaphor. I find that in my life I have trusted my self and the universe to lead me to find ways to "put the pieces together" so to speak in order to find the clearest path to the finish line. As an actor I also find that in training as small discoveries are made along the way, I see the purpose or the goal more clearly. this helps me appreciate the process more.