CMU School of Drama


Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fellows Seek Newer Members for Conference Mentoring

sightlines.usitt.org: Informal mentoring and advice by Fellows has always been a big part of the Network Nexus meeting area at Stage Expo and at other times throughout the Annual Conference. However, this fall, USITT's Fellows will formalize it and establish a new level of career mentoring designed to target Early Career Members (ECMs) who plan to attend the 2015 Conference & Stage Expo in Cincinnati, Ohio in March.

1 comment:

Tyler Jacobson said...

I think this is a great idea to help formalize the interactions between Early Career Members and the Fellows. I got the opportunity to meet and learn from some of the Fellows last year while doing the USITT opening night ceremony and it was a great time which I encourage everyone to take the opportunity if they can. However, I never realized that the red carpet area where they always were was an opportunity to speak with them and get their opinion on your work. Maybe I missed something during the week but I think this was a common thought by most of the students at USITT. So hopefully by formalizing this a little bit more this will give people a better opportunity to get to know the Fellows. I'm a little disappointed that one of the requirements for this opportunity is to have been a member for the past two years. while I understand the requirement I think it will limit the number of people applying for this opportunity.