CMU School of Drama


Monday, September 08, 2014

Choreographer gets in step with technology for piece premiering at New Hazlett

TribLIVE: Beth Corning thrives on collaboration.

The dancer and choreographer has created dozens of new works and seems never to run out of ideas. Yet, she especially enjoys working with other artists right from the start of creating a new work.

Corning Works, the choreographer's production company, and the New Hazlett Theater will present the world premiere of her latest piece, “Parallel Lives,” from Sept. 10 to 14 at the North Side theater.

1 comment:

Gabrielle Zara said...

I agree with the first comment made in the article. I find myself making the same mistake of communicating more over the screen than I ever will in person. I commend the dance company extremely for taking this step to point out and tackle the struggles and parts that technology now plays in our everyday society. I also like how they know this art will leave a different perspective in people's eyes as they leave the theatre.