CMU School of Drama


Friday, August 22, 2014

Test your smoke alarm knowledge with the 2014 Fire Prevention Week quiz!

National Fire Protection Association Blog: The 2014 Fire Prevention Week theme is "Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives; Test Yours Every Month." As a fun way to learn all about smoke alarm safety, we have developed a short trivia quiz for our website. Take the quiz on our website and afterwards, continue to click through to see what the correct answers were to any you may have answered incorrectly.

1 comment:

jcmertz said...

I didn't do to well on the quiz, so I think I might need to brush up on my smoke alarm usage. I didn't know that Fire Prevention Week was a thing until reading this article. An article that I would like to read is about the different types of smoke detectors and how they apply to theater. For example what kinds of smoke alarms are set off by theatrical haze or fog? What is the difference between a particle based and a non-particle based smoke detector. These are things you rarely learn about in simple fire education but could be really important to us in theater and live events.