CMU School of Drama


Thursday, April 10, 2014

O'Hara's Stage Right pokes fun at the genre in 'Musical of Musicals (the Musical!)'

TribLIVE: Whether you've never seen a musical before or you've seen a million of them, “Musical of Musicals (the Musical!)” will leave you laughing. So says Sarah Ivins, the director of Stage Right Community Theater's latest production.
As its title suggests, the show is an over-the-top send-up of musical theater. Stage Right will present the show over two weekends April 3 to 5 and 10 to 12 at the Boyd Community Center in O'Hara. Tickets are $15.

1 comment:

Katie Pyne said...

Satire and musicals? These ARE a few of my favorite things. I really applaud the creators for working with this concept. A lot of my (non-drama) friends complain that "all musicals sound the same!" While that's not true it definitely is something to be said. I think it's really funny that they made this. I totally wish that I could go see it, but I guess I'll settle with reading about it for now. Hopefully this gets picked up and I can see it somewhere else.