CMU School of Drama


Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fancy a spot of lunchtime theatre?

Stage | theguardian.com: In the 1980s, there was plenty of lunchtime theatre at London venues, including the King's Head in Islington and what was then called the Soho Poly, before it relocated to the Soho theatre. Maybe people's lives were less fraught, and there were fewer electronic distractions. But at the St James theatre in Victoria an attempt is being made to revive lunchtime theatregoing, and it seems to be a hit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is kind of a funny idea. But at the same time its certainly not the first time I have heard of theatre being performed during the lunch hour. In fact the local dinner theatre in my neighborhood back home regularly has a matinee on Saturday and Sunday where they serve brunch instead of dinner. I'm sure they are not the only company doing this, I know Medieval times has shows in the middle of the day because I have been to one. I imagine doing lunch hour shows during the week could be risky depending on your area and the amount of people who would actually attend a show.