CMU School of Drama


Monday, April 21, 2014

Dear Victoria Inox, I love you. Your slender...

EDC is Everyday Carry: In reality, the brand of Swiss Army Knife we all know and love is a portmanteau of the founder’s mother’s name (Victoria) and the French word for stainless steel (inoxydable). There was a real Victorinox, and I can’t help but feel indebted to her as the namesake of some of my most cherished knives. Victorinox makes many a splendid tool, but among their best are those that do away with the traditional lipstick-red handles in favor of ribbed aluminum ones, a material Victorinox calls Alox. This more durable material both slims the knife down and manages to retain its sleek appearance even after absorbing an amazing amount of damage compared to its cellidor counterpart.

1 comment:

Emily Bordelon said...

This looks like a nice knife. Though I like my Leatherman, I do think this would be a good first knife for someone, or if they wanted something a bit smaller while traveling. It seems to have a good variety of blade styles as well as convenient things like a money clip. It appears to be an everyday kind go knife.