CMU School of Drama


Saturday, March 22, 2014

Two young directors film two versions of one script in Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: As a YouTube media sensation, Shane Dawson learned always to be ready for his close-up.
One perk of the director's feature film shoot in Pittsburgh was having a documentary film crew on hand from "The Chair," which chronicled four months in the lives of two young directors making movies that began with the same script.
"I film my whole life anyway," he said, laughing. "So for me, it was just convenient. 'I don't have to hold the camera?' Great! There's a professional documentary crew holding the camera."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It'll be interesting to see how differently the same words of a script are interpreted. However I wonder how it would be received in audiences, the urge to classify one as being better than the other seems like it would arise quickly, instead of thinking about the subtle differences between the two that really make the point of the movies. On a side note, I enjoyed reading the anecdotes of production in the article.