CMU School of Drama


Saturday, March 29, 2014

Reality Check: Seton Hill senior competes on 'Henson' show

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Jake Corrick always loved monsters. Little did anyone suspect he would design them on television one day.
Mr. Corrick, now 22 and a senior at Seton Hill University, is one of the 10 contestants featured in Tuesday's debut of "Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge" on Syfy.
"I loved the old Frankenstein movies, but the Muppets and 'The Dark Crystal,' all those epic things the Henson Company did, they showed me that monsters don't always have to be scary, that monsters can have more personality and character."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This show sounds awesome. I've seen a couple episodes of Face Off, but I wasn't super impressed by it, but this show sounds like so much fun. Their challenges remind me of our upcoming Arcade project for Basic Design. Susan emphasized her interest in the possible use of puppetry. I think its a very interesting that the judging is based purely off of the screen test and do not do an up close inspection. Attention to detail is important, but it seems like this is an appropriate way to judge for this. The final show is all that matters ultimately. It seems like a lot of what we have worked on here might prepare us for a competition like this- I would love to go on!

Keith Kelly said...

Knowing that I love the show "Face-off", I think i would strongly enjoy "Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge." I love puppetry and puppetry fabrication and this show seams like a great combination of creativity and expressionism. I would love to one day become a contestant on this show along with project runway and face-off. Show like this put craftsman to the test and challenge them to be diverse and create for a wide variety of themes, periods, and concepts. Super excited for this new show to come one air for its going to provide a nice context for designers to get inspiration from.