CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 21, 2014

Motion Picture Sound Editors Present Golden Reel Awards

Below the Line: Top honors at the 61st MPSE Golden Reel Awards were split between Gravity and Captain Phillips, with the former winning for best sound editing in feature film – sound effects and foley, and the latter taking best sound editing in feature film – dialogue and ADR. Frozen garnered the award for best sound editing in feature film – music, musical feature, while best sound editing in feature film – music went to The Great Gatsby.

1 comment:

Mike Vultaggio said...

Though I never really felt like sound for film was something that I wanted to do, I always found it to be quite interesting. Foley artists are amazing in the sense that they are able to create sounds out of things that you would never even think of sounding like that. I think the only reason why this isn't necessarily something that I would enjoy doing is because I really like the experience of live mixing and instilling emotion in the audience right there when I play my effect or score.