CMU School of Drama


Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hollywood Make-up Artists Mingle With Celebrities at Local 706 Awards

Make-Up Artist Magazine: “Just have fun—it’s not brain surgery,” IATSE Local 706 President Sue Cabral-Ebert advised attendees at the Make-up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards, held Feb. 15 at Hollywood’s Paramount Studios. After a 10-year hiatus, the awards were reinstated to honor the West Coast union members’ outstanding achievements in film, television, commercials and live theater.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is actually more fancy than I had first thought. I guess I missed where it said in the other article that the awards had been off for the past ten years. That makes it all the better and cooler for them. This is again one of those things where I would like to see who is on the board deciding the nominees and winners. I am always really curious about these kinds of things. The quality of art can be a huge matter of opinion. It is nice to see the actors/performers giving due credit and respect to their make up artists and hair stylists. After all, how else would they look so good out there?
I didn't actually know that Johnny Depp helped with all his make up. I always just thought that he had a really REALLY good make up artist that was able to do many different transforming looks and solid character concepts.