CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Dan Corson Transforms Iowa's River's Edge Park into Interactive Art Landscape with Martin Lighting

Lighting&Sound America Online - News: As an open space to accommodate community events and recreational activities, Tom Hanafan River's Edge Park sits on the Missouri River, creating a border between Council Bluffs, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska. Artist Dan Corson recently designed a massive light show for the park, complete with complex characters and simple, intuitive interactive games that spans across the park's five acres. Harman's Martin Professional light fixtures were installed by Bandit Lites to illuminate the artist's vision.

1 comment:

Akiva said...

This is the sort of project that I would really like to work on. I am very interested in interactive designs and the use of like and projects in space. The fixtures that they used for this project are super impressive because of the size of the field. I imagine that it was very complex to set everything up because the system is so large. I checked out Dan's website because I wanted to know more about the designs that were used in the park. I think that the games and Easter eggs are very smart because they are both simple and fun. With a public piece like this it is very important to teach the audience how the system works very fast because if they don't understand the rules they will lose interest very fast.

I hope that I can do something like this very in the near future.