CMU School of Drama


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Frankie Valli Cancels Thailand Concert; Cites 'Political Unrest'

BWWMusicWorld: According to The Hollywood Reporter, legendary doo-wop singer Frankie Valli has canceled a scheduled appearance in Thailand due to political unrest in the area. Concert promoter BEC-Tero Entertainment PCL said that Wednesday's performance would not take place, "due to the current political situation and its associated difficulties, and for the safety and well-being of customers."

2 comments:

Clay Singer said...

This article explains that Franki Valli was unable to perform for his fans in Thailand because of the potential danger it may cause. The article doesnt go into any details about the "Political Unrest". But i read that the Thai government has imposed a 60-day state of emergency in the capital, Bangkok, and the surrounding provinces, from Wednesday, to cope with unrest. His comment on the cancelation of the concert was interesting. I'm not sure how sincere it is. Nonetheless, he is hoping to perform in Thailand again soon.

Becki Liu said...

I love Frankie Valli! (mostly because I love him and the four seasons <3) and I don't really know what is going on in Thailand right (because when I am at school, I live in a bubble and I know nothing about the outside world. Either way, even if it is just for his own safety or is actually for the safety of the Thai people who would be going to his concert, I think it's perfectly fine that Frankie Valli canceled the concert and I'm a little confused why it would be such a big deal. People cancel concerts all the time for more selfish reasons than wanting to save your own and other people's lives! And he did say that he will go back and have another concert in Thailand. I have confidence that he will keep his word.