CMU School of Drama


Saturday, January 25, 2014

Art on Tap 5.2.7 features artist, band and ballet dancers

TribLIVE: The Jan. 10 Art on Tap 5.2.7 happy hour at Westmoreland @rt 30 in Unity was like a three-ring circus — albeit a cool and sophisticated one.
From the front door to the farthest reaches of the temporary home of the Westmoreland Museum of American Art, there were sights and sounds galore and people of all ages taking them in.
To one side, Pittsburgh artist Laurie Trok stood discussing works in her current Pop-Up Exhibition, “But I Am the Fire.”

1 comment:

Becki Liu said...

This is really cool. This must have been a really fun experience! The layout of the performances seems to have been very interactive with the audience, since what I have gotten from this article, it seems like the audience was able to walk from one performance to another. I would have really liked to have gone to see this. I also like the variety that they had. I always thought when you mix different genres, it's so cool. I wonder what ballet to like an alternative band's music would be like!? There should be more of this!!