CMU School of Drama


Thursday, November 28, 2013

“The Motherfucker with the Hat” — barebones productions at the New Hazlett Theater

The Pittsburgh Tatler: Some motherfucker who’s fucking Jackie’s girlfriend Veronica (Ruth Gamble) has left his fucking hat behind, and Jackie (Patrick Jordan) wants to know: who’s the motherfucker with the hat? That quick summary of the play’s inciting incident tells you just about everything you need to know about the language and tone of Stephen Adly Guirgis’s sharp, engaging, and very funny play The Motherfucker with the Hat

2 comments:

Becki Liu said...

This is a play that I think would be a lot of fun to watch. I really enjoy shows that have so much going on because it's more realistic and sometimes, but not always, a slap in the face to reality. It's like you're watching show but it's reality as well. I don't know where I am going with this. The review seems very high too so I am going to assume it's really good! The story, acting, and designs all seem to be of high praise so it sounds like it would definitely be a show worth watching!

Sabria Trotter said...

I got to see The Motherfucker With the Hat while it was on Broadway, and I think it is an amazing play. Every thing about it is so relatable and realistic, and all of the characters grab you in one way or another. I really appreciated the way the set of the broadway production moved and changed to keep you within the world of these characters, even during scene changes. I wonder how this production will utilize the space to give a new spin to the story.