CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Carnegie Mellon University To Open Applied Sciences Campus In Brooklyn

CBS New York: The city has announced plans for its fourth applied sciences campus. As WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell reported, the latest high-tech educational partner is Carnegie Mellon University. “It will be the first program focused exclusively on the fusion of technology and the arts, a synthesis that is critical to so many creative industries,” Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

1 comment:

E Young Choi said...

When I read the article, I quite did not get what applied sciences NYC project is about. So, I actually searched about this project and I found it really interesting and awesome. Since CMU does not have campus outside of Pittsburgh, I think it will be a great opportunity for CMU to inform about school's high education to people in NYC as well as for students who will be studying in completely different setting with richness in research capabilities and more focused system. I think it is great that CMU was accepted as the fourth partner with NYC because it is so enriched with everything, especially job opportunities. Also, it is really amazing how NYC supports this projects with offering City-owned land to build the campus and providing investments not only for its economic growth but also for further development in applied science and engineering. I hope that this project turns out to be successful and CMU can be leading institution where it produces innovative ideas in various fields and I really hope to see this campus one day.