CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Community Roots

HowlRound: My fifteen-year-old son Jonathan asked me how does he explain what I do to his friends. I tried to explain that I am a cultural organizer, but that doesn’t really mean a lot to him. I told him that I am an arts administrator, but I don’t think that resonated with him either because he knows that I do more than just administrate. Finally, after a few confused faces from him, I said that I am a “creative,” and went on to explain that I find creative ways to approach the ordinary and extraordinary. I don’t know that it made much sense to him, but it made sense to me in terms of the breath and diversity of what I really “do.” - See more at: http://www.howlround.com/my-community-roots#sthash.I1USLmjr.dpuf

No comments: