CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Women In Film Talk About Why There Are So Few Women In Film

The Mary Sue: CinemaCon in Las Vegas saw many Hollywood films previewed the past few days but it’s a women in film panel that was most revealing. The Hollywood Reporter’s editorial director Janice Min moderated the panel on which actress Geena Davis, Bridesmaids director Paul Feig, The Hunger Games producer Nina Jacobson, Regal Entertainment CEO Amy Miles, and Fox Animation Studios president Vanessa Morrison sat.

1 comment:

AAKennar said...

So I was intersted to see what this article had to say, compared to the article last week about women in music scene in the Chicago area. I feel that the previous article was much more successful in convey feelings, frustrations, and needed changes then this current article. So I do wonder what more was discussed. Personally I just feel that so much of our world needs good solid articles like last week. All I got out of the current article is just a general feeling of yea this sucks and not much else. I also do not understand why it is a bad thing that women make up only about 50% of the people going to the movies. So you would rather more women go to the movies then men? I am just confused what that means. I just feel like yes this topic needs to be discussing and understood but this article not the best one ever discussing it.