CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

'Clybourne Park' challenges post-racial narrative

TribLIVE: Bruce Norris' “Clybourne Park” is not your average drama. Few plays achieve the theatrical trifecta by winning the 2012 Tony Award for best play, the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for drama and the 2011 Olivier Award for best new play. “It's an amazing play. I love its wickedness. It's funny. It's moving and very challenging for both actors and directors, and it's provocative,” says Pamela Berlin, the director for the drama's Pittsburgh Public Theater production that is being performed through May 19 at the O'Reilly Theater, Downtown.

1 comment:

K G said...

It seems like EVERY theatre is doing Clybourne Park at the end of their current season or in their summer season. Seriously, I think every theatre I applied to for summer work was doing Clybourne Park. It's like they all called each other and decided to wear the same shirt to school in order to confuse the teacher. I'm a little mad about it, but I still want to know what's so special about that shirt. Why does everyone have it? Surprise, surprise, they ARE performing it where I ended up accepting an offer, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.