CMU School of Drama


Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tonight: The Bellydancer Superstars hope to inspire at the Kelly-Strayhorn

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: The Bellydancer Superstars hold sway tonight at the Kelly-Strayhorn Theater in East Liberty for a show that promises to be both mesmerizing and memorable. Not only will you see five professional bellydancers who tour the world but you will see nine local bellydancers, assembled by Olivia Kissel of Greenfield. "There is a healthy bellydancing community here in Pittsburgh," said Ms. Kissel who was one of the founders of the South Side-based Zafira Dance Company, which concluded last year.

1 comment:

simone.zwaren said...

I love random articles like this one because it just shows how versatile communities in cities like Pittsburgh are. I come from New York City so I am used to a million completely different people piled into small areas, so coming to Pittsburgh, it is easy to forget that this city is diverse to (I know how stupid that sounds). Also, I have never actually seen a bellydancing show, the most I have seen lies in Shakira's music videos and performances.