CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 01, 2013

Second TEDx conference on the Great White Way asks 'What is the best Broadway can be?'

StarTribune.com: Before long plane flights, Thomas Schumacher likes to download talks from some of the world's brightest and creative minds speaking at TED conferences, watching them on his iPad while thousands of feet in the air. "I marvel at the range of stuff. I like the passion of the speakers and love the content," says the president of the Disney Theatrical Group about the various conferences dedicated to technology, entertainment and design. "I am a giant TED freak."

1 comment:

Akiva said...

I love TED talks. I have been watching them online for many years now. And all that time I wondered why so few of them talked about theatre. It seems that TEDxBroadway is the answer to that question. I hope to get a chance to look up the videos of the TEDxBroadway talks. Theatre is a collaborative art and the theatre world really isn't that large. It's amazingly important that we as theatre artists work together to find ways to communicate more and in more public ways. Because shows come and go and it is very hard to record what has happened in a way that can be seen in the future it is extra important that theatre people tell the world about what they are doing even if the people getting told will never have a chance to see the work themselves.