CMU School of Drama


Friday, November 09, 2012

ETC's iRFR Donations to Behind the Scenes Top $100,000

PLSN: ETC CEO Fred Foster presented a check for $23,423.67 to Behind the Scenes at the LDI 2012 trade show in Las Vegas. The donation reflected ongoing proceeds from sales of their iRFR (Radio Focus Remote for iPhone and iPod Touch) application. When ETC introduced the iRFR, which was developed by ETC software engineer Chris Mizerak, another employee, Luke Delwiche, suggested the profits be put toward Behind the Scenes and its UK counterpart Light Relief. This check brought the total ETC has donated just to Behind the Scenes, from sales of the iRFR, to just over $100,000.

2 comments:

Robert said...

This is amazing that only 2,000 people have the app with an iPad. The app is a lot cheaper than the thing that ETC makes that is not as nice as the iPad. I wonder if the amount of lightwright apps has also been so low. I wonder how much companies spend on developing these apps so that they work and on up keep and updating if they need to change things. I hope that ETC continues to have this partnership because I am sure that it helps a lot of people. I hope that if ETC comes out with other apps they will do something similar, maybe with a different company. It will be interesting to see if other entertainment companies do the same.

Jess Bertollo said...

I think it's great the ETC donates it's proceeds from this app to Behind the Scenes. When I first heard the price of the app, I thought it was ridiculous, but upon learning that all proceeds were going to charity, I changed my opinion. It's a great alternative to buying a RFU unit from ETC and it can be used with a product most people already have. I also don't think the price is too bad since a majority of the people purchasing the app can probably write it off as a company expense. I hope ETC continues this work that they have started.