CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 31, 2012

On Stage: Get set for 'Seth' and 'Cinderella' on city stages

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: When newlywed Seth Rudetsky describes his cold, it's no surprise that it's with a musical reference. "I'm the opposite of Adelaide," he says of the sniffly, proposal-starved "Guys and Dolls" character. "I got a cold after I get married. But I'll be OK for Pittsburgh." The accomplished performer and musician, author and radio host -- he doesn't sit still for long -- sounds like he could use a box of tissues during a phone conversation as he readies to arrive at City Theatre for a weekend of "Seth's Big Fat '70s Show." In the solo exercise in hilarity, Mr. Rudetsky offers his take on variety-show moments of the era, such as a Donny & Marie medley from "Fiddler on the Roof."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love to see both of these, actually. 'Seth" sounds like exactly my type of humor and I would love to see a show that lovingly mocks people. I don't know much about his guy, or really anything at all, but this article made me want to learn more and i have a feeling that seeing this show would be a good way to start. As for Cinderella, I used to absolutely love that show. After I did it a few times, I realized that no matter how much I love the movie that i grew up watching, the show itself wasn't much more than "cute". I'm interested to see the new book and to see how it improves or hurts the show. (hopefully it'll improve it).