CMU School of Drama


Thursday, October 25, 2012

5 Engineers: Who is better for engineering and tech: Obama or Romney?

EDN: So for this week’s question we’re asking: Who is better for engineering and tech: Obama or Romney? Strictly in terms of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and not regarding the hot button issues that seem to make up most political debates, whose election would do more to better the world? And we do mean the world. This may be a US position but America’s actions influence the globe.

2 comments:

rmarkowi said...

I know it seems kind of silly, but we should be putting more money towards STEM. STEM is the basis on which we can move away from fossil fuels, more efficient and higher yield crops, clean air, clean water, etc. I remember when Philips won a government grant for their LED lights. It's all good stuff. So I guess whichever candidate will support that would be my choice, and that is Obama. He has been encouraging Solar energy, LED reforms, things like that.

Dale said...

I went to read this article hoping for some keen political insight. I was disappointed to just read some standard internet political partisan ship. In no way did this help me make my vote, it just touted Reaganomics. (BTW, I am super disappointed that Reaganomics is spell checker.) I could not decipher in these responses which candidate would be better for STEM. I guess I will stick with my religious views.