CMU School of Drama


Thursday, January 26, 2012

London Theater Journal: Comfortably Mousetrapped

NYTimes.com: It was a dark and stormy afternoon when I ventured into the old building with the twisting staircases, on one of those London side streets that always seems to be in different places when you look for them. Oh, I knew what I was in for: screams, gunshots, a whistling psychopath, fraught minutes in the dark and rigid postures of fear. But I hadn’t come to St. Martin’s Theater to be frightened or even stimulated. I was there for comfort.

1 comment:

skpollac said...

The Mousetrap was one of the first plays I had the privilege to work on and it still remains one of my favorites. I would absolutely love to experience it in a professional theatre, especially one that took place in a creepy old creaky building. What a perfect location for a Christie play! There is a reason this play has been running so long. It is wonderful in all senses of the word. Keep going strong Mousetrap!