CMU School of Drama


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Job Search Tips That Will Get You a Job in 2012

Wise Bread: Unemployment has dipped to 8.6%, but there are still quite a number of people who are searching for jobs. Even among my circle of friends, I see that some of them are still facing layoffs or are struggling to find jobs. There really is a trick to job hunting, and interviewing is a skill you can pick up. Make sure you're not doing the wrong things by reading a roundup of the best job search tips we've featured in the past, and use those to get your dream job in 2012!

2 comments:

AbigailNover said...

I found this article to be more helpful that many that I've read with the same general theme and layout. It provided some thorough, simple tips that I found actually useful. Things like the importance of phrasing questions, having extra resumes printed, and sending a thank you note, seem simple but are often forgotten, or not done correctly. Ideas like a one-sheeter for interviews and a networking tracker form may not be revolutionary, but are undoubtedly really useful to stay organized and ahead on a job search. The specificity of the information makes this article very helpful to absolutely anyone looking for a job. I will definitely referring back to it as I apply for summer jobs/internships.

Page Darragh said...

I found this article very helpful. Job interviewing needs to be organized and I liked some of their ideas on keeping track of who you have spoken to. Taking notes on each interview is important. It would be easy to mix up several companies if one is doing a lot of interviewing. I agree on making your resume pop out. Less can sometimes be more as it will focus on the most important features. The ideas on networking are well noted and it is never too early to start. The questions one asks in interviews can make a big impression. I liked the tips on this and will definitely keep these in mind. This was a long article but read quickly as there were so many useful tips in it.