CMU School of Drama


Friday, January 20, 2012

Hate When Companies Don’t Provide Feedback On Job Applications? StartWire Is For You.

TechCrunch: If you’ve ever been on the job search, you know how frustrating and time consuming it is to manage the process. (If not, just ask one of the more than 13 million people in the U.S. currently there.) You spend untold hours filling out the right forms and fields, adding more action verbs to your resume, etc., and you fire off the application. Then comes the infuriation: Your prospective employer doesn’t respond, so you send a follow-up. Nothing. And another follow-up. Still nothing.

2 comments:

ZoeW said...

This really is a hard thing to deal with. When sending in an application it would be great to have some kind of feedback, but I do not even need that. Sometimes I would just like to receive some word that they received my application and that I was denied. This new program looks like a win for everybody! I want to look into using it for the future. I would be scared that it would give me the verity that I can find on other sites but it does seem to have some definite other benefits.

A. Surasky said...

I agree that it is very difficult to go through the application and interview process with a prospective employer, and than simply receive a curt no with no explanation or not hear back from the company at all regarding why you weren't hired. I think having this program would be useful in giving feedback on things you need to improve, and gain the constructive criticism that I think most job applicants crave from a employer, especially when they aren't hired. I think it's a great idea, just a question of how well companies actually use the service.