CMU School of Drama


Saturday, October 01, 2011

The mellowing of El Ra

StarTribune.com: "When someone comes up to me and says, 'I remember you from the old days,' I go, 'Uh-oh,'" said actor Abdul Salaam El Razzac, 67, as he dragged on a cigarette outside Penumbra Theatre during a recent rehearsal break. "I get suspicious because I don't know if they're among those people I cussed out or went off on back in the day, or if their memories are sweet and loving. Either way, it makes me a little paranoid."
He has reasons to be wary.

1 comment:

Devorah said...

It is always interesting to hear from Actors who have been in the business for many years. It is intriguing to me that he went from a career in the military and into acting. These are the kinds of people that I think it would be interesting to sit and talk to about why they chose the career they did.