CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Good Person of Setzuan

CMU School of Drama: Good Person of Setzuan explores the notion of good and evil when three gods arrive on earth in search of one “good” person. Brecht asks if an individual’s capacity for good still exists in a world riddled with iniquity, avarice and envy. If it does, what would such a person look like? If it does not, what are the consequences for society? Translated and adapted by Wendy Arons and Tony Kushner, and directed by international guest artist Peter Kleinert, Good Person is epic theatre that will provoke and entertain in equal measure.

2 comments:

ranerenshaw said...

I am excited to see this show. I am especially gratefully that I go to a school that brings in artist and directors from not only America, but around the globe. I know that just by watching the show I, as an audience member, will become that much more understood of art beyond what we know it here. Also I think it is important to understand that not everybody does everything the same way we do... and we have to learn to appreciate it. You Go CMU!

skpollac said...

I, like Rane, am so excited to see Good Person. I can't wait to see what Director Peter Kleinart has done with Brecht's work. To add to the excitement, I love that we have added the Musical Direction of Jurgen Beyer! As a freshman, this will be my first show seen at CMU and I feel so lucky just to have had the opportunity to work on it. Break legs cast and crew of Setzuan!!!