CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Augmenting Reality

2AMt: "The other week, Theatre Communications Group held their annual conference. I always wanted to attend, but due to various restrictions, I’ve not had the opportunity. Happily, I discovered TCG live streaming many of their speakers, and two of the keynotes thus far heavily and unsurprisingly focused on socialmedia, audience engagement and community dialogue. It’s the organization’s 50th anniversary, and appropriately they are taking a strong futurist vision of how American theatre might look in the next 50 years. This year’s directive centers on the hypothetical: What if…? In a small way, I was able to contribute to the conversation a couple months back when TCG invited me to imagine What if…Theatre Embraced Transmedia?"

No comments: