CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Arena Stage Hosts #NewPlay Festival and Convening on New Play Development

Stage Directions: "The discourse surrounding new play development continues within the American Voices New Play Institute at Arena Stage at the Mead Center for American Theater, as the company presents the #NewPlay Festival from January 19-30. In addition to performances and readings of plays supported by the National Endowment for the Arts New Play Development Program (NEA-NPDP), the #NewPlay Festival will also include a four-day convening bringing together more than 100 theatre practitioners from across the country to further the dialogue around new play development.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Living in Baltimore and living so close to Arena Stage in Washington DC I am surprised to hear about this great thing that they are doing being so close. I would love to go see these productions but with school there is not a chance that I can go and see this, now. I wonder how Arenas Stage would compare to Carnegie Mellon’s New Works which I am working on. I am sure that Arenas Stages shows would be much better since they are working with writers that have graduated from college but this does not mean it will be better than a Carnegie production. I would love for them to do this Festival at a time that I would be able to attend. I wish them the best with this Festival .