CMU School of Drama


Friday, February 19, 2010

XL Video and the Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show

iSquint.net: "XL Video just put out a Press Release with more detailed information about how the Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show came together. While I normally do not post about installations and events, this one is hard to pass up. If you watched the Halftime show this year and are into lighting and are like me, you were in aw of the performance. The press release gives some good insight into what was used and how it all came together."

3 comments:

MONJARK said...

I love the who, but what really caught my eye at the Superbowl half time show this year was the design. The stage, the lasers, and the pyro were what made that show. It all worked so well together to create a show that was both visually stunning and pleasing to the ear. I think the video designs were a fanstastic idea and that the integration of video and lighting in this show is a good indication of the direction this industry is heading. I am happy to see the superbowl is on top of its game.

Devrie Guerrero said...

I agree with Jon. What made the show for me was the lighting and video. I thought it was cool how they used the video, the lasers, the pyro, the lights and haze together to make an overall beautiful show. Also i think that the design of the show made up for the horrible singing.

A. Surasky said...

I agree with the above comments in that the design for this year's Super Bowl halftime show was indeed very impressive. The radial LED "screen" that surrounded the bands feet was really well done, and I remember being impressed by it while watching. To go and read about now, after the fact, and see the amount of work and planning that went into not only the design, but also one of the craziest scene changes in live entertainment (scene change from football stadium to rock concert and back again), is pretty unbelievable.