CMU School of Drama


Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Top 10 (U.S.) Arts Policy Stories of 2009

Createquity.: "OK, so I know I’m a little late to the party with the year/decade-in-review lists, but since no one other than me apparently cares enough about arts policy to make a top 10 list about it, I’m happy to be the doofus who takes the plunge. 2009 featured no shortage of tumultuous and game-changing events in arts policy, and it was a pleasure (though sometimes an exhausting one) to cover them here on the blog."

1 comment:

C. Ammerman said...

While the backlash of the recession can be seen everywhere, I'm surprised that it made the Top 10 Arts Policy Stories of 2009. It obviously decimated the art world on a variety of levels, but it wasn't something exclusive to just the arts. The rest of the list seemed to revolve around just the arts, so the fact that the "biggest" art policy story of 2009 was something that was more the biggest thing that changed everything.