CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Review: Singers triumph in Pittsburgh Opera's 'Onegin'

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "The G-20 summit unintentionally cast extra light on the Saturday night opening of Pittsburgh Opera's season because other Cultural District events were cancelled or rescheduled. The opera's presentation of 'Eugene Onegin' was up to the challenge, for the most part, because it was an impressively sung performance of a gorgeous, yet neglected, opera that was limited mostly by uninspiring sets."

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I have actually been hoping to get to see this opera. Im glad the review was so positive for the show. However, I was incredibly disappointed that apparently the set was so lack luster. I personally love going to see operas, the music, talent, costumes, and scenery are just usually so beautiful and breathtaking. But it makes me wonder about the cut out birch trees, and bushes. Are they really that bad? Maybe it was a new artistic choice? I dont know, but if not, what was the designer thinking? I would still like to see the show however, and make my own decision.