CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

NFTRW Weekly Top Five

Here are the top five comment generating posts of the past week...

'Lion King' Costumes Headed to Smithsonian

Backstage: "Producers of 'The Lion King' musical are donating two of the Broadway show's elaborate costume pieces to the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History."
<-- Comments Here

Business Card Alternatives For the Real World

WebWorkerDaily: "So you’re a web worker, but you still meet people in meatspace that you want to network with, and making them type an email into their phone or handing them a plain jane business card either feels awkward or isn’t getting results."
<-- Comments Here

I-Phone Revisited

Ramblings of a Techie: "When I posted my article listing some apps for the I-Phone I did not realise how popular the story would be. since then I have been reminded of a couple of applications that I missed. So I thought I would add a few more."
<-- Comments Here

Is 90 minutes the right length for a show? Not so fast.

chicagotribune.com: "Within the last week, I've twice found myself complaining about running time. I thought 'Mistakes Were Made,' the hugely entertaining Craig Wright play at A Red Orchid Theatre, needed to lose about 15 minutes. And I thought 'Stoop Stories,' the artful solo show by Dael Orlandersmith at the Goodman Theatre, needed to add at least that much.
Which would mean both shows would clock in about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Was I positing some kind of ideal length for a show?"
<-- Comments Here

Help Wanted sign during G-20, in Pittsburgh

gigapan: "Carnegie Mellon University freshman Sarah Ceurvorst and other students created this huge sign near the CMU track."
<-- Comments Here

Long-term Projects: Moving Past the Distractions

WebWorkerDaily: "When I sit down at my computer each morning, I always have plenty of emails asking me to work on short-term projects: a connection that has to be made today, a round of revisions that needs to be made immediately, a phone call that really ought to have happened last night, etc. Because of how immediate all of these requests are, it’s easy to get lost in them and let my long-term projects fall by the wayside."
<-- Comments Here

No comments: