CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pete Townshend plans new musical "Floss"

Yahoo! News: "The Who guitarist Pete Townshend, behind rock operas 'Tommy' and 'Quadrophenia', is writing a new musical 'Floss', about getting old.
'As a 19-year-old, with 'My Generation', I wrote the most explicitly ageist song in rock,' Townshend wrote on his band's website (http://www.thewho.com). The 1965 hit song includes the line 'I hope I die before I get old'.
'At 64, I now want to take on aging and mortality, using the powerfully angry context of rock'n'roll.'"

1 comment:

Hjohnson said...

Pete Townshend could easily just rest on his laurels and enjoy being ridiculously successful, so I think it's really great that he's working to produce something new after all these years. I'm a big fan of Tommmy, so I would love to hear Floss when it's all done.