CMU School of Drama


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pittsburgh Dance Council season takes a different turn

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: "Pittsburgh Dance Council will present six touring companies during the 2009-10 season, all but one featuring women choreographers.
'Every work next season is a Pittsburgh premiere,' says Paul Organisak, Dance Council's executive director. 'I love the way we're able to present the work of veterans, such as Twyla Tharp (performed by Aspen Santa Fe Ballet) and Margie Jenkins, along with the exciting new voices of Crystal Pite (Kid Pivot), Charlotte Vincent and Azure Barton (Les Ballet Jazz de Montreal).'"

1 comment:

Liz Willett said...

I think that this is great. A few weeks ago, I read about a dance show featuring entirely women choreographers. Because there are not a ton of well-known female choreographers out there, I love when their work is featured. Although the season is featuring mainly female choreographers, I would have liked to see this take place in a larger space. I understand that due to the economy and audience estimates, they don't want to take that risk, but it would be nice for these ladies to have their work done in a larger space.