CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Danger of Deep Procrastination

Study Hacks: "Deep procrastination is not the standard urge to goof off that afflicts every college student. It’s much more powerful. A student suffering from deep procrastination will delay important work to an excessive degree. He won’t start studying until late the night before or will delay paper writing until the sun is about the rise. After a while, he might begin to chronically miss deadlines, and find himself constantly negotiating with professors about extensions. Sometimes it gets so bad that he misses the extended deadlines — failing courses instead of completing the required assignment. No matter how dire the stakes, starting work becomes an insurmountable prospect."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm worried that something like this is going to happen to me. It happened in CS where I was too terrified to complete my upcoming assignments. The subject was miserable and I was looking forward to being a code monkey for the rest of my life.

Thankfully, Drama is much better. I'm doing something that I love instead of something I think I'm good at. Sadly, I'm still worried that frustration with myself will keep me from my ultimate goal.