CMU School of Drama


Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Developing Productive Habits Requires Productive Action — How to Defeat the Cycle

Stepcase Lifehack: "Have you ever known someone who consistently fails to complete things? Have you ever known someone who always gets the job done on time? I’m sure you have. In fact, I’m sure most people you know fall into one camp or the other. Which one of these two types of people are you?
There’s a reason that 99.9% of people fall into one of these two camps, but not somewhere in between. How many people have you known that are just as likely to get things done as they are to let things slide? Come to think of it, I’ve never met a person like this in my life. It’s because the trend to complete or to procrastinate are not mere fluctuations in our mood or our environment, but habits in and of themselves."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are some good points in this article but some people aren’t all or nothing procrastinators. Some of us procrastinate with some tasks and not with others. What I need is a way to be motivated about things I don’t want to do / don’t see the value of.